Welcome to ISD 191 Community Education Swimming Lessons
Register for classes at www.communityed191.org
Eagle Ridge Middle School Pool: 952-707-2836
1. Introduce yourself to your child’s instructor and check with them frequently regarding your child’s progress. If you have any questions or concerns, please discuss them with the instructor or coordinator as soon as possible. It is common for children to repeat each level several times as technique and endurance are incorporated into each skill.
2. If your child has any special needs, discuss them with the instructor or coordinator. It is helpful if you can offer suggestions as to how we can best serve the needs of your child.
3. Please drop your children off onto the pool deck before class through the locker rooms. Do not use the locked corner glass door. Feel free to wait with your child until class begins and come down from the balcony for playtime during the last 5 minutes.
4. Parents must observe lessons from the balcony. Please do not use the stairs from the pool decks. Once they get wet they are VERY slippery and we do not want anyone to get hurt. To get to the balcony, go back through the locker room, go left towards the outside doors and to the left of those doors is the staircase.
5. Preschool and level classes will run for 50 minutes (45 minutes of instruction, 5 minutes of play time). Parent/Child, Small Fry and Diving classes run for 30 minutes (25 minutes of instruction, 5 minutes of playtime).
6. Safety skills are required by the Red Cross to pass each level. A day may be set aside each session to cover these basic safety skills.
7. Due to class sizes and student/teacher ratios, make-up lessons are not available for students who are unable to attend a regularly scheduled class. If a lesson is cancelled due to severe weather or pool closure we will attempt to provide make-up time whenever possible. Check our webpage for weather related cancellations.
8. Children over the age of five are not allowed in the opposite gender locker room. Please speak with coordinator for other options if this does not work for your family.
9. Please ensure that children take a shower and use the bathroom before their lesson. Children under the age of 3 or people who experience accidents are required to wear a waterproof swim diaper covered by a swim suit.
10. Please remove shoes before entering the pool deck. You are more than welcome to bring a pair of sandals to be only worn on the pool deck.
11. Long hair must be held back with a ponytail or barrettes.
12. No food, drink, gum or glass allowed on the pool deck.
13. Goggles may be used by children in levels 4 and higher. It is important for the kids to learn to swim without goggles first to be comfortable putting their faces in the water.
14. In case of a fire alarm, children will remain with their instructor and exit out the emergency exit. Parents, please exit through the hallway and meet your children in the parking lot near the tennis courts.
|Contact: J Mosley|