The ideal age for screening is 3 years old.Click Here to Complete Early Childhood Screening Request Form
Screening helps ensure that all young children are well equipped for learning, and families are aware of resources in the school and community. We can help your child build on their strengths to get ready for school learning
Our brains are always growing and making new connections which helps us learn and succeed in life. Our brains grow the fastest when we are very young, up to age four. Each child is different, so the sooner we see you, the more we can offer you!
or call Kate at 952-707-4117.
After completing this form, we will send you the appropriate forms needed to complete screening. Once we have received the completed screening forms, we will schedule a day and time to complete the screening process.
Early Childhood Screening is essential to your child's future success in school.
Choose from virtual or in person screening.
In-person screenings will be held Wednesdays and Thursday by appointment . Limit 1 adult attending with child, no siblings. Screening takes place at Diamondhead Education Center, 200 W Burnville Parkway, Burnsville, 55337.
Enter Diamondhead Education Center at Door 11 on the lower level, off Pillsbury Avenue.
Masks required during appointment:
Health and Safety:
- All adults must wear a mask during class, on school grounds and in the building.
- Children ages 2-5 years- masks are recommended and encouraged, but not required
- If your child is wearing a mask, bring something to put it in should they take it off
- Read Mask Tips for Young Children and watch Masks
Virtual screening appointments available Monday and Tuesday afternoons and some Fridays.
Virtual appointments conducted through Google Meet.
- You will be asked to wash hands before and after your appointment. Bathrooms are close by.
- There will be 6 ft between adult interaction and at least 3 feet between adult/child interactions during the screening. Watch Social Distancing for more information.
- Frequent cleaning of materials and high touch surfaces by staff along with deep cleaning and sanitizing at the end of each day
Includes a parent report so some activities may need to be completed by you with your child at home.
Either option is a great way to ensure that all young children are well equipped for learning, and families are aware of resources in the school and community. Interpreters provided upon request. Free service. Complete a screening request form (above) on the website or call Kate 952-707-4117.
Learn more about Early Childhood Screening.
click on a link below to view a video about Early Childhood Screening
What is Early Childhood Screening? English Video
What is Early Childhood Screening? Spanish Video
What is Early Childhood Screening? Somali Video